Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, the speed at which you can go and still pick up debris depends on 3 things:
1. The item being picked up – certain items due to their shape and weight are just easier to pick up.
2. How low the magnet is set from the ground to the bottom of the magnet – the lower it is, the faster you can travel and still pick up the debris.
3. The strength of the magnet – the stronger the magnet is, the faster you can travel and still effectively pick up the debris
Your tracking number was provided to you in your shipping notice email sent to you when we shipped your product from our facility. If you can’t find your tracking number please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can email your tracking number to you.
To track your shipment please use your tracking number as provided to you in your shipping notice email we sent you.
We ship worldwide.
If a shipping option and cost does not appear after entering your address information then a shipping quote is necessary. Please just email or call us with your product selection and shipping address. We’ll respond promptly with a shipping quote.
1) we have the most effective products on the market – take a look at our videos of our products in action and compare our specs to those of our competitors.
2) we make it very easy to buy – we list our prices, you can see shipping costs when ordering and you can buy online. We value your time and therefore have made it easy for you to get the information you need to make a decision and then order.
3) we have products designed for specific applications – if you’re buying a sweeper you just want it to work, not something that’s frustrating because it half works, our comparison charts can help you select the product that’s right for your application.
We offer a variety of clean off methods depending on the type and size of the magnetic sweeper. We have pull release levers, Quick Clean Off Sleeves which work very well for magnets mounted under vehicles, push button automatic release systems, and continuous discharge systems where the debris is constantly cleaned off while the sweeper is moving. And we even offer the old manual way of cleaning some magnets off by hand if they are small enough.
Generally between 2 and 5 inches. The lower the better to pick up debris, and just high enough so that the magnet doesn’t hit the ground all the time. But it depends on the size of the magnet, the speed you want to pick up debris at, and the nature of the debris you’re trying to pick up. Consult the recommendations we have for each specific product.
- Order Online – Fast and easy. Complete your order online. Pay by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners, or JCB credit card.
- Electronic Funds – Transfer (EFT) and Bank Wire Transfer.
- Government Purchase Orders – We accept Purchase Orders from Canadian and US government organizations. Terms Net 30 days. Please contact us by phone or email 1-519-582-1386 or email@example.com
- Cheque – Make payment via US$ cheque.
Please review your order carefully.
When ordering online, once you click the “Submit Order” button in the final step of the checkout process, our order fulfillment process begins and no changes can be made to your order.
We will make every attempt to cancel or change an order if you request, provided the order fulfillment process has not yet begun.
Magnetic sweepers will not pick up stuff when the floor itself is magnetic. The reason is that the floor forms a closed magnetic circuit with the magnets. Any object between the floor and the magnets is attracted to either the floor or the magnet depending on which it is closer to. Some particles or objects can appear to be repelled by the magnets, but they are actually being attracted more to the floor.
Yes, it can be. The magnetic sweeper should be handled with care. Do not get your fingers between the magnet housing and other ferrous metal objects, your fingers can get pinched.
Avoid close proximity to any electronic devices, they could be damaged.
Avoid close proximity to any medical devices and medical implants such as pacemakers.
Magnets are classified as dangerous goods when shipped by air and are therefore regulated when shipped by air (UN 2807, class9 dangerous goods). Charged magnets can affect navigational equipment. This makes shipping charged magnetic sweepers by air potentially dangerous and also costly. For these reasons Bluestreak Equipment only ships via ground transportation.
Don’t expose your magnetic sweeper to extreme heat.
Bluestreak Magnetic sweepers are designed with ceramic magnets. Ceramic magnets lose all their magnetism above 450° (840 deg. F). But they gradually degrade in strength above room temperature at a rate of 0.2% per Celsius degree. However, their strength increases somewhat as the temperature drops below room temperature. It is quite alright to operate our sweepers at temperatures as low as -60 degrees Celsius.
No. The magnets are permanently charged.
The only real way to be certain is to see them in action. That’s why we’ve provided as many videos and photos as we can to show you our products actually working, so you can be certain they do work. If you want another good way of comparing our sweepers to others on the market take a look at the magnet dimensions of our sweepers versus competitors (if they provide them). Simply put, more magnets means more power. If they don’t provide magnet dimensions you can get a good idea of how many are being used by the weight of the sweeper since magnets are generally the heaviest component. Steel weighs more than aluminum and while a steel backing plate is necessary, too much steel in the wrong places can rob the magnet of some of its power.
We’ve thought this through for you for many vehicles, so visit our vehicle specific pages first where we show you the magnetic sweepers we’ve designed specifically for your type of vehicle. We offer many different mounting options and there are usually optional mounting accessories available that make it easy to mount a magnet to your vehicle. We have many different types of mounting systems depending on the vehicle/magnet combination, including magnet mounts, forklift pin mounted options, bumper mount brackets, hitch mounted brackets, etc.
The amount of tax charged depends on the destination of the shipment. Items shipped to destinations within Canada are subject to either HST or GST depending upon the destination province.
Bluestreak Equipment acts as the importer of record for shipments to the USA to make purchasing from the USA hassle free. You will experience no taxes or brokerage or duty charges other than those appearing on your order placed online.
Orders sent to addresses outside of Canada and the USA are not subject to Canadian taxes, but can be subject to local taxes at the shipping destination. Recipients are responsible for paying these local taxes if applicable. Purchasers are also responsible for any custom brokerage charges and duties upon import to their country.
Bluestreak Equipment does not offer credit to most customers. Because of the nature of our products, their high quality and their longevity, we sell to most customers infrequently, sometimes only once. Processing credit applications and verifying credit is not cost effective in this situation and is best left to credit card companies who can offer you and / or your company credit terms. Therefore, we have made it as easy as possible to buy via credit card.
Exception – We do accept Purchase Orders from Canadian and US government organizations. Terms Net 30 days. Please contact us by phone or email 1-519-582-1386 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We ship worldwide. If a shipping option and cost does not appear after entering your address information then a shipping quote is necessary. Please just email or call us with your product selection and shipping address. We’ll respond promptly with a shipping quote.
For standard products available online shipping occurs within 1 to 5 business days (usually 24-48 hrs). You will be notified by email and provided with a tracking number when we ship your product.
Like many retailers, we guarantee our products; if an item hasn’t met your expectations, you can send it back within 30 days of receipt. Unlike most retailers, we also guarantee the product selection advice offered through our website and staff. If an item you’ve purchased based on this advice turns out to be unsuitable, you can send it back within 30 days of receipt.
In either case, simply return the item for a refund for the amount of the original product price (we’re sorry shipping charges cannot be refunded). All sales of custom designed products are final.
How to make a Return
- Contact us by phone at 1-519-582-1386 between 9am and 4pm, Eastern Standard Time. If you are requesting a refund and purchased by credit card, we will need your credit card information to process your request because we do not keep customer credit card information on file for your security and protection. Please have your original invoice number and credit card information available when you call. When we receive your returned product we will refund your original product purchase price to your credit card in a timely fashion.
- Returns should be made by the same carrier and transportation method that delivered the product to ensure the carrier is capable of delivery and the delivery method is safe. Only Ground services can be used as “magnetic materials” are considered “dangerous goods” when shipped by air (UN 2807, class 9). Return shippers are responsible for ensuring items submitted for shipment meet all laws and regulations.
- Package your return item securely in the same manner it was originally shipped.
- Returns within Canada and from outside Canada:
- Returns within Canada
Returns must be sent insured and via prepaid, ground only freight. Please Note: we cannot accept COD deliveries.
- Returns from outside Canada
Returns must be sent insured and via prepaid, ground only freight. To avoid unnecessary delays, please include a copy of the original invoice with the shipment and write “Canadian Goods Returning” on the shipping paperwork and on the outside of the package. Ensure duty and/or brokerage fees are prepaid or billed to the sender and not to Bluestreak Equipment or your return will be refused by Bluestreak. Please Note: We cannot accept COD deliveries.
- Returns within Canada
- Send returns to this address:
Bluestreak Equipment – RETURNS
1639 Highway 3, RR3
- Prepare shipping documents as required by the selected carrier and call for pickup.
Please Note: See item 4. above to ensure your shipment is not rejected.
Bluestreak Equipment makes every effort to ensure your purchase arrives in perfect condition.
All smaller products are packaged in courier capable cardboard boxes and are ISPM-15 compliant.
Styrofoam is used to surround the product and absorb any drops, etc. during transport. Some components are bubble wrapped and secured within the box.
Larger products may require other forms of packaging such as wooden crates or palletization.
Bluestreak Equipment makes every effort to secure the lowest rates for shipping customer orders.
Not all shipping methods are available to ship our products because “Magnetized Materials” are classified as “dangerous goods”, class 9, UN 2807 when shipped by air. Therefore we do not ship by air.
You will receive a tracking number and link via email when your order is shipped.
If you wish to exchange a product for a different product follow the returns process to receive a refund for your current product. You can then place your order for the product you would like in exchange in the same way you made your original purchase.
If you have any questions about our guarantee or returns policy please contact us at 1-519-582-1386.
There is no manufacturer’s warranty on our products. We carefully consider the end uses and applications of our products and make our products as durable as we can to the point that people will still want to buy them at a reasonable price but we don’t warranty because it would be difficult to differentiate between a product failure under normal application use and a failure due to misuse or accidental damage that never could have been prevented no matter how extremely it was constructed.
Online Shopping Guarantee
Like many retailers, we guarantee our products; if an item hasn’t met your expectations, you can send it back within 30 days of receipt.
Simply return the item for a refund for the amount of the original product price (we’re sorry shipping charges cannot be refunded). To see instructions on how to make a return: Open the Delivery & Returns Tab. Products must be returned undamaged to qualify for a full refund.